Tuesday, May 18, 2010

DISNEYLAND!!!


My 20 year reunion (OUCH!) was this year and our family went to California for a quick trip. We took the kids out of school and drove on thursday, caravanning with my mom.  The kids loved the extra elbow room (1-2 would drive with my mom at a time).    Thursday night after checking into our very cramped room (that supposedly slept 8), we went to dinner.  This is always an interesting thing to do in California.  We watch people count us as we walk by them.  We can see people's eyes getting bigger and bigger as they realize our party of 6 kids is approaching a table right next to theirs.  This is one of the things that gives me great anxiety.  I don't want to ruin anyone's night out.  I love to feel the success of a night out with my family when the people near our table leave with a smile on their face, hopefully out of relief.  Of course we gave the kids a huge lecture before we left and they were PERFECT!!!!  Anna overheard someone trying to determine if she was ours or our "help".  It was a great start to our weekend.  I was so proud to be out with my beautiful family.  Friday we went to Disneyland.  My mom came with us to help with watching younger kids while older ones went on bigger rides.  It worked out fantastic.  I was able to go on more rides than usual.  OUr weekend turned out great EXCEPT when in the hotel rooms.  That was a new low for family togetherness.  Once we walked out of the hotels, all was good!


Chillin with a couple girls in the jacuzzi
On the tram getting excited




Anxious to get started!!!!

Little Boys on Buzz Light Year while big kids hit Space Mountain
Typical Finn!




Dad trying to talk Hans into going on the teacups.  "You'll LOVE it!!"

HUMILITY!!  There were a couple rides that humbled Hans immensely!!!  Jungle Cruise and Pirates to name a few!  He would bow his head and look down and try to ignore everything going on around him.  Not a typical sight with Hans.

Think Hans is excited to be near Lightening?

Finn quickly realized this was the shortest ride at Disneyland
Incredibly Unusual!!!!  2 hours of peace of mind!
Very, very handsome boys!



Finn giving Hans a ride after a long day 


Although Bret and I vow not to go to a hotel room with our kids for at least the next 5 years, It was a memorable, quick trip.  Being with family and making memories is PRICELESS!

1 comment:

  1. You look AMAZING Meg! And it looked like so much fun! I so wish we could've been there! And by the way, I just watched a Schwarzeneggar movie and I could not stop thinking that I was watching Bret! It was so weird! Love ya'll!

    ReplyDelete